Johnny and I just home from what has become our (almost) nightly walk! The clouds were rolling in and shortly after we started the rain began. Back home now, we are in stiff competition to win the wet T-shirt contest! It’s great living along the Ottawa River Parkway with all the trails and pathways! On a nice day we go over to Deschenes Rapids Lookout (just west of Woodroffe) and watch the birds and the people fishing! The Parkway (real name Sir John A MacDonald parkway … click here for info) is always alive with cyclists, walkers, runners & you need to mind your P’s & Q’s and practice safe walk-ing. NEVER cross the path without looking in case a bike is about to swish by. There are paths on both the north and south side of the Parkway, we prefer the River side!
We’ve gotten away from our hikes in the Greenbelt due to an increased work load and a bad leg I had. The leg is better now and I’m hoping we can get out on a longer hike on the weekend. Perhaps somewhere in the Gatineaus. Another summer only outing we are thinking of is going to the drive-in movies!! There are a couple of places not too far away that still offer them. I haven’t been to one in a zillion years and Johnny has never been to one so it should be fun! In case you are in Ottawa interested in something different on a hot summer night here are the links:
Cine Parc Templeton in Gatineau, QC has both English & French – click here
Port Elmsley Drive-in Theatre just outside of Smiths Falls – click here
Another interesting thing that we’ve considered, is going on the Wilderness Tour trip that takes you over the rapids right here in Ottawa on the Ottawa River. click here We see those float buy our window and the floating downriver seems a bit tame, but the rapids would be fun!
Just finished planning our summer vacation! You KNOW how I love to travel! This year we are doing a two week road trip to the east coast!!
- 2 nights in Quebec City, Quebec
- 2 nights on the Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec
- 2 nights in Saint John, NB (at my daughters place)
- 3 nights in Halifax, Nova Scotia (my daughter & BF are joing us)
- 1 night in a cabin on the South Shore, Nova Scotia (my daughter may join us)
- 1 night in Yarmouth, NS
- 1 night in Lubec, Maine, USA (we will be taking 3 ferry rights to get to Lubec
- Digby, NS to Saint John, NB
- L’etete, NB to Deer Island, NB
- Deer Island to Campobello Island, NB (and you can drive to Lubec from Campobello)!
- 1 night in Lac Megantic, Quebec
- We may be adding a night in Lubec, Maine
I love summer!!!!!!